Pages

Saturday, December 2, 2006

Toccoa Is For Lovers (Even Though I Haven't Gotten Any)

Toccoa is for lovers,
So why aren't you still here?
All our lives once intertwined,
Like a crossword puzzle
I always did like the New York Times'
So come on back
I'll use a pencil this time
I won't be so confident
I'm well-prepared to give up everything I've gained
And start right back
At Across 1.

I guess that's the curse
Of having convictions
Or the curse of cable reception
But I've done my time
15 seconds of fame
Come on back now,
Things won't be the same.
I'll show you why they call it Big A Road,
Baby, it's not an oversight.

I know you may be long gone
It was wrong to make you wait
And I've learned since then
So come on back,
Toccoa is for lovers
And we're right on track
Nestled neatly between
Almost anywhere.




























I don't think I'm done with this one yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment