Wednesday, November 29, 2006
Eventually, I notice Pants needed some food, I get the bag out and start pouring it in the bowl. And then, to my surprise, I find that the dead mouse is IN THE BAG OF CAT FOOD.
Oh the irony.
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
I'm sure you all have heard about it.
So then this former Russian spy comes along to investigate her killing. Alexander Litvinenko, 43, just recently died from radiation poisoning that took over a week or more to kill him.
He blames it on Putin (or the Kremlin at least).
Russian officials say what happened was a tragedy, they didn't do it, and they're going to get to the bottom of it. But I'm pretty sure they're talking out their ass.
I don't know about you, but I think I'm seeing something....
Saturday, November 25, 2006
Thursday, November 23, 2006
A couple weeks ago, during my scientific literacy class, it dawned on me how easily any of us could die at any moment. And I was, for a brief moment, scared out of my mind.
But then I went right back to eating my Big Macs, spending 3-4 dollars on a cup of freaking coffee, driving recklessly, taking friendships, life, love, --everything, for granted.
But I want to let you know, I'm thankful for you. I'm thankful for my amazing friends, family, my wonderful Beth, my ability TO be thankful for so much, having so much to be thankful for. I am blessed far more than I talk about. Far more than I want to admit, and thus revealing that I really don't have it that bad at all.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'll probably see you soon! Save a digestive stupor for me!
Sunday, November 19, 2006
-- Good things are expected to happen. We don't report on safe flights, cured people, and etc., because that's what's supposed to happen.
--There's just too much good news out there.
And as bad as this may sound, I do want to know about some of the bad news out there. September 11 was an atrocity, but I most certainly want to know what's going on.
Granted, I'm kind of on a high right now for some odd reason, but I think it's just more of an annoyance of people whining about the news.
Another thing, it bothers me when people equate all the bad news with the world. The world is going to hell because of all this bad going on. Things haven't changed or gotten worse. I'm going to offer that life is actually better than it ever has been.
What sort of podcasts do you subscribe to?
Here's an updated list of the podcasts I listen to:
- 40 Watt -- actually, this hasn't been updated since Feb., but I got a good Whigs and Drive By Truckers performance out of this.
- 60 Second Silence -- I don't listen to this one religiously, but I do enjoy the quick blurbs.
- Ask A Ninja -- A HILARIOUS podcast. I was skeptical about it at first, but I enjoy every update. Not really informational, just fun.
- Athcast - Athens Music -- this one hasn't been updated in a while either.
- Comedy Central Stand-Up -- this one occasionally has some funny stand up comedy.
- Final Cut Help -- just subscribed to this today... this is for anyone who enjoys using Final Cut Studio (Final Cut Pro, Motion, Sountrack, etc.).
- IndieFeed: Alternative / Modern -- almost daily music from new bands. It's ok.
- Jay and Jack's RambleCast -- These guys just make for a great podcast. See The Lost Podcast With Jay and Jack.
- Moyers on
-- interesting Podcast. I subscribed mostly for the podcasts dealing with faith and reason. America
- MTV News -- yeah, I'm a loser.
- MuteMath Video Podcast -- a pretty decent video podcast from a band.... if you want a better one, get the Switchfoot one. MuteMath's is almost daily, as opposed to the "once every other week or so" with Switchfoot, but you can definitely tell a difference.
- NPR All Songs Considered -- I enjoy this one here and there, if it's got bands I like.
- Paste Culture Club -- interesting, mostly about music, but goes into other things as well.
- Penn Radio -- I'm so glad this guy has a radio show that I can download. Penn Jilette, the talking half of the Penn and Teller. Enjoyable show.
- Raised By The Radio -- Jon Cole's own podcast. A music show.
- Real Time With Bill Maher -- I only occasionally listen to him. It's his shows with his roundtable discussion I find interesting sometimes.
- Strong Bad E-mails and More1 -- GREAT stuff.
- Switchfoot Video Podcast -- Great podcast of what's going on with the band. Very fun, funny, insightful.
- the Lost Podcast With Jay and Jack -- two individuals talk about Lost. They make it fun.
- The Official Lost Podcast -- never a dull moment with Damen Lindelof and Carlton Cuse. They talk about past and upcoming episodes from Lost, and answer fan questions (usually the really inane ones.
- The Philosophy Podcast -- just subscribed to this one today, we'll see.
- The Relevant Podcast -- mostly interesting podcast about music, films, recent events, etc.
- The Ricky Gervais Show -- hilarious podcast.
Is there anything that should be added to this list? Let me know!
Saturday, November 18, 2006
Well, things have been intense. This past month has just flown by non-stop. Is there REALLY only 36 days until Christmas??? I cannot believe the last post on here was ten days ago. It's really hard to believe.
I've got a question. What do you do if you notice your empty light coming on in your car..... do you drive slowly to a gas station, as fast as you can to a gas station, or do nothing at all?