Pages

Friday, November 9, 2007

Bright Eyes - Alabama Theatre, Birmingham, AL

What a great night.

As I have mentioned in the past, Clay Leverett, my step-brother, has been touring with Bright Eyes during the fall. He's been having a blast.

Beth and I, two days ago, was able to see Bright Eyes in Birmingham, AL. However, unbeknown to us, Clay was able to get us backstage passes.

We arrived a couple hours before showtime, but Clay took us back to the tour bus where we hung out and chatted. While talking, Conor Oberst came onto the bus chatted a little as well. I will admit, there was a side of me that wanted to let him know how big of a fan I was and how incredible I thought he was, blah blah blah, but there was another side of me that (thankfully) wouldn't allow it. It would have been forced, and totally destroyed the calm, cool, and collected vibe I was desperately trying to emit. Beth did compliment Oberst's boots, and began a conversation about cowboys, rodeos, and etc.

Later, before the show started, Clay took us backstage and showed us around. Afterwards, he took us to ours seats--(THE SECOND ROW), and we watched away. The Felice Brothers, the first opening act, were great. They had this energy and quirkiness that was incredibly fun to watch.

Maria Taylor followed them (with help from Andy LeMaster), and it was a great performance.

Bright Eyes..... what can I say. It was phenomenal. Clay drummed and also provided background vocals. I have snippets of particular songs that should be going online today for you to check out. I was very disappointed with the recorded audio (because we were close to the front, the camera's audio from the show was overmodulated and distorted at times), but I may try to fix it and get out a second edit of all of the video. We'll see.

1 comment: