Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Resolutions for 2010

Happy New Year!

I hope your holiday season was great.  We're still on a high here in Moscow-- New Year is the big celebration and people are still relaxing and taking it in this weekend.

I've decided to make some resolutions for this year.  I've never really done much with resolutions, and most years I've just made jokes about them, but I'd really like to set some goals for this year:

  • Read more (at least three books a month)
  • Resume budgeting (something we stopped doing once we got to Moscow)
  • Be more comfortable with silence
  • Finish editing videos I've been working on all year (I'd like to time-stamp this one to be finished by the end of February)
  • Learn how to do at least one new thing a month (I don't know if you've seen Away We Go, but there's this scene where after John Krazinski's character finds out he's going to be a father, he tries to learn things like tying knots and whittling wood.  I feel kind of that way--like I need to be more prepared for a child.  Just five months to go!!)
  • Walk three times a week in the morning (but really this is just so I can go a few metro stops down to this awesome French Pastry shop)

There might be more.  I've tried setting goals for myself, and it seems that New Years is a good corporate way of doing so.  We'll see how things go.

Also, be on the lookout.  Beth has started a new hobby-- photography.  She's also starting a blog where she takes at least one picture a day of something involved in our lives.  Her spanking new blog is at:  A Year Through My Eyes.

And finally, here's something I've always been wanting to know (and possibly you have too):


No comments:

Post a Comment