Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Moderated Comments (Alternative to #1)

There are many areas that can be commented on, but I'll just say that several of the professors you've tagged (Shelton, Fliger, etc.) and others that you haven't (Dr. E., Wanner, White, so on and so forth) prove it is in fact possible.  I'm kind of surprised you would ask this in this manner (I might be insulted if I were one of these profs).  I was fortunate enough to have some of these kids as friends growing up through middle and high school who helped me significantly in my spiritual and mental growth.  Surely something right was happening at home.  And God definitely used them--I don't think I'd be were I am if it weren't for some of the best friendships I have.

i would talk to these profs and get as much wisdom and advice that you can in this area.  If this is a serious question for you though, then not having kids is definitely the best option at this time.  But if you ask me, just being able to look at the people who do have kids and still exercise the "life of the mind" show that it's a false dichotomy.  Maybe a little bit more difficult, but entirely possible.

I know that when Beth raise our kid, not only will I not stop trying to learn all that I can, but I'll also be learning just through raising a child.  And that's the scary kind of learning.  Where it matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment