Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2008

PYF Challenge - The Details

I'm a Finalist.

I still am blown away. I was selected as one of five finalists in the FNBO Direct Pay Yourself First Challenge.

The Details:

--They're going to fly me and the other four finalists out to Omaha, Nebraska. This trip will be an orientation to what's to come over the next few months--along with some publicity stuff, and we'll be able to meet the FNBO Direct president, Rajive Johri and personal finance columnist Liz Pulliam Weston.

--Over six months (October 2008 - April 2009), FNBO Direct will match up to $5,000 in savings that I deposite into their Online Savings Account. My progress will be posted over the six months through blogging (written and video), where I will give my experiences through the process and all that I've been doing to save money.


I've kind of forgotten about it, but there is a grand prize that they will award to one of the finalists of their choosing. The grand prize is a $7500 vacation package (or the money if you'd like), and they will judge based on the amount saved during the six months, a ranking by financial experts, an online poll, and adherence to the contest rules.

Needless to say, I was pretty focused on just making it into the top 5 that the grand prize was not even on my radar. But things have been pretty exciting--needless to say.

Once I find out the details, I'll keep you posted throught it all--and I'll let you know where I'll be blogging and updating. I'm ESPECIALLY excited about the video blogging. I've got some pretty cool ideas.


Thanks again. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment