Pages

Friday, July 11, 2008

I Hope We Get This Excited Again Soon.






I know this is just a video of the people involved in the Mars rover. But their excitement is so infectious. Although I was not alive then, I remember hearing about and seeing early NASA missions, and the way it would captivate the entire nation. People would be so interested in what we were doing outside of our atmosphere. We celebrated during moments of great triumph, and we mourned during moments of great loss.

Now it seems like we hardly notice the great accomplishments and discoveries that are happening.


Of all the things the government gets wrong, I think NASA is one of those things it gets right. There are definitely problems from time to time, but I think space exploration is incredibly important.

It's something worth getting excited about again.


No comments:

Post a Comment