Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Why I Don't Believe in Psychics

Simple. One date.



September 11, 2001.





















When we talk about psychics and their predictions throughout the years, we always refer to predictions they make that don't happen (which none of their predictions ever happen, unless they predict something where the odds are insanely in their favor. Who would have thought that temperatures were going to be cooler during Winter??). But I think there's something HUGE that we forget to take into consideration--everything psychics DON'T call. Like September 11. Like the recent tornadoes that swept through part of the south. Like the Benazir Bhutto assassination. Like that Tiger mauling that got way more news attention than it should have been. I can go on and on.

Sure, psychics have a horrible track record with the predictions they make, but just think of all the important stuff that they fail to predict. If I were a psychic of any sort, you can bet I'd be using it to prevent some of these tragedies that occur all the time, all over the world.


This video is a little long, around 5 minutes long. I think it just sort of sums up again what I said, but I thought it was pretty cool. Please, don't mind the fact that Criss Angel misuses the word "travesty." I don't know if this was staged for live television or not, but it was a pretty good idea to call out those supposed supernatural psychics.




No comments:

Post a Comment