Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Favorite Songs of 2011

Here is my list of favorite songs of the year. As I always say every year, this is entirely subjective. These are just songs that caught me by surprise and stayed in my head for a majority of the year.

25. St. Vincent - "Cruel"

This album was consistently great, and tough to pick a favorite. But this just stood out.




24. Danger Mouse and Daniele Lupi - "Black (Feat. Norah Jones)"

Start keeping count -- this is song number one that I first heard on Breaking Bad.




23. Movits! - "Sammy Davis, Jr."




22. Nicki Minaj - "Super Bass"

Yes. I like Nicki Minaj. Shut up.



21. John Mark McMillan - "Seen a Darkness"




20. Over the Rhine - "Infamous Love Songs"




19. Shad - "The One in Front of the Garage"




18. James Vincent McMorrow - "If I Had a Boat"




17. Champion Leader - "Every Head Bowed and Every Eye Closed"



16. Alexander - "Truth"

Song number two from the past season of Breaking Bad.




15. Beyonce - "Countdown"




14. M83 - "Midnight City"




13. TV On The Radio - "New Cannonball Blues"




12. The Decemberists - "Calamity Song"




11. Ryan Adams - "Chains of Love"




10. Switchfoot - "Vice Verses"




9. The Civil Wars - "Barton Hollow"

There are a couple favorites on this album, but this one really stuck with me.




8. Madeon - "Pop Culture"

This probably shouldn't count, since it's just a remix of over 30 songs. But I just love it. It's fun, different, and another one that's been stuck in my head all year.




7. tUnE-YarDs - "Bizness"

Although typing out their name correctly, this band surprised me in many ways -- one of the biggest is that I actually quite enjoyed it.




6. Fleet Foxes - "Helplessness Blues"




5. Slow Club - "Two Cousins"




4. Typhoon - "The Honest Truth"




3. Feist - "The Bad in Each Other"





2. Bon Iver - "Holocene"





1. The National - "Exile Vilify"

No comments:

Post a Comment