Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Fun with Truth Talk Live

There's this radio show that airs on FamilyNet (the satellite radio channel), that 95% of the time I absolutely cannot stand: TRUTH TALK LIVE.

There are many reasons why I do not like this show.  You'll get an idea of how bad it is just by some of the topics they have on the show:

  • Should Sarah Palin's pregnant daughter get married?
  • What in the World is going on?
  • What's the BIG deal about evolution in public schools?
  • Can Prayer END Abortion?
  • Which Presidential Candidate makes you feel safe?
  • Did Jesus really rise from the dead?
  • Should a Christian ever sell a billboard ad to an Adult establishment
  • Why Black Americans should have doubts
  • Should societies protect Animals over Babies?
I could go on.  But I'll spare you.

Then one day, this topic came up:




Yes, that was the topic.

So, to be as sarcastic as possible, I posted this (you may have to click on it to see it):





I of course got some feedback




And posted back.





Fun fun for everyone.  But whether you like Palin or not, isn't this question pretty ridiculous?  Especially in our current times, especially for a one hour radio show?

4 comments:

  1. wow, yes, that question is pretty crazy.

    are you coming up to Toccoa this weekend???

    ReplyDelete
  2. your initial comment lacked insight and was in poor taste....no wonder they fired back

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course it lacked insight and was in poor taste.

    The whole point was to prove how the question posed by the radio show was exactly like the comment--lack of insight and poor taste. They should have reacted similarly to the show as they did to my post. I would even argue that the fact they brought that ridiculous question up was worse than my remarks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will admit that looking back it would have been best to post nothing-- my comment didn't accomplish anything and completely lacked any sort of edification. I don't think anybody was convinced of anything. :-)

    It was a spur of the moment reaction where I wanted to show the insanity of the question posed. I mean, in 2008, a radio show actually had a topic questioning whether or not a woman should be in the White House.

    I just don't pay any attention to the show anymore. :-)

    ReplyDelete