Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

30 Favorite Songs of 2009: #10-1

10. Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band - "Roosevelt Room"

While I'm definitely a fan of Oberst's new music, it's good to know he's still got it in him.






9.  The Very Best - "The Warm Heart of Africa"

Complex yet uncomplicated.






8. Modest Mouse - "The Whale Song"

This a song I didn't see on many "best of" lists, and I was surprised.  Perfect Modest Mouse.





7.  Passion Pit - "Sleepyhead"

Another band that changed my way of thinking about the genre.






6.  The Yeah Yeah Yeahs - "Zero"

I have a crush on Karen O.






5.  Bon Iver - "Blood Bank"

That secret that we know
That we don't know how to tell
I'm in love with your honor
I'm in love with your cheeks
What's that noise up the stairs babe?
Is that Christmas morning creaks?







4.   Neko Case - "This Tornado Loves You"

Her whole album Middle Cyclone was phenomenal--one of my favorites of the year.  This one in particular I couldn't get out of my head.  The title is no metaphor--one of the things I loved about the song!






3.  Dirty Projectors - "Stillness Is the Move"







2.  Animal Collective - "My Girls"







1. The Avett Brothers - "I and Love and You"

Exactly what I needed for particular moments of my life this year.  Then again, that's what most of these songs are on the list for.

No comments:

Post a Comment