Pages

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Mother Russia Gave You Your Life, She Can Take It Away

Alright. So this bigtime (and I mean bigtime) Russian journalist Anna Politkovskaya, 48, a critic of Putin and the Russian government and about to publish a huge report against the Russian policies in Chechnya was fatally shot in her apartment building Saturday, October 7, in an apparent contract killing. On Putin's birthday. A couple days before she planned to publish the report.

I'm sure you all have heard about it.

So then this former Russian spy comes along to investigate her killing. Alexander Litvinenko, 43, just recently died from radiation poisoning that took over a week or more to kill him.

He blames it on Putin (or the Kremlin at least).

Russian officials say what happened was a tragedy, they didn't do it, and they're going to get to the bottom of it. But I'm pretty sure they're talking out their ass.

I don't know about you, but I think I'm seeing something....